1. Six of the top 10 largest hotels (by number of rooms) in the world are found in Las Vegas. The Venetian takes number two while MGM Grand stands proud at number three and The Wynn and Encore are currently clocking in at number seven.
2. The Las Vegas Strip is the brightest place on Earth when looked at from space.
3. More than 85 films have been set in Las Vegas since 1952.
4. The Las Vegas Strip is 4.2 miles long. That’s 61,597 football fields!
5. Las Vegas has a ‘black book’ that is a list of people banned from entering any casino in the city.
6. The first Las Vegas casino to be built on the ‘strip’ was El Rancho Vegas which opened on 3rd April 1941. The casino was destroyed in a fire after almost 20 years in 1960.
7. The Luxor hotel’s recreation of the Great Sphinx of Giza stands at 101 feet tall, which is larger than the original.
8. There’s around one operating slot machine for every eight residents of Las Vegas.
This button will take you to a short form where we'll ask about your destination and preferences. If you don't like filling in forms simply give us a call on 0203 816 0985 and we'll be happy to help you.Let's Plan Your Trip
Join our email to receive exclusive offers and airline sales direct to your inbox. Unsubscribe anytime (but why would you want to?)