Life’s a beach
• If you are looking for an ocean-front location in Lombok then choose a stay on Senggigi Beach where white sand and turquoise sea is aligned with quirky markets, luxury hotels, amazing eateries and local beach vendors. We also welcome you to make the journey from here to Pemenang where you will be met with incredible scenic views of Lombok’s beach hot spots and the Gili Islands in the distance.
• For somewhere a little more secluded, Mawun Beach will welcome you to its semi-circular shaped shore free from heavy tourism. Or, if you are willing to make the journey, go and discover the not so hidden secret of Pink Beach where the sand resembles a strawberry blonde tint and is home to a stunning coral reef popular with avid snorkellers trying to get away from the busy ocean spots.
• If you love to get active on your holidays, don’t let the three-day hike stop you from trekking to the top of Mount Rinjani, the second tallest volcano in Indonesia. Once at the top, you can take in the view of Lombok beneath you and the famous Crater Lake that make the journey more than worth it. If after the hike you are feeling a little sore, take a slight detour back and stop at Air Kalak, a natural hot spring where the water contains medicinal minerals from the volcanic earth.
• For those in search of beautiful views that require less physical activity, Bukit Pergasingan makes for soft trekking and boasts stunning views of Mount Rinjani 1,700m above sea level.
• Keeping your feet on ground be sure not to miss a stop at Tiu Kelep Waterfall, where water bursts not only through the walls but drops diagonally across the falls. With a crystal-clear pool perfect for swimming, it makes for a jungle paradise.
Soak up the culture
• Lombok is a melting pot of religions and cultural influences. Hinduism has travelled from Bali over to Lombok and Hindu temples can be found scattered over the island, you will also find remnants of the Dutch era, Arabic origins and Chinese influence. However, most dominantly sits the Muslim religion, with each village, town and city owning their own Mosque.
• As well as outside influence, Lombok has its own unique group of people from the island called Sasak. While in Lombok be sure to visit one of the traditional Sasak villages where you can almost guarantee to witness and be invited to join some kind of celebration or ceremony by the welcoming locals.
Good to know
- TimeDifference: GMT+8
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah
- FlightTime: 21hr 30+ with connecting flight